1. Grief is as physical as it is emotional.
2. Grief is laughter as well as tears.
3. Grief is unpredictable. A good day amongst the darkness. Happiness tinged with unexpected sorrow. A faint smell or forgotten lyric that revive the pain from nowhere.
4. Grief has a loaded irony - the person you want to turn to in order to heal the heartache of loss is the person you are grieving.
5. Grief is like a super power allowing you a special vision to see what is truly important in life.
Clemmie Telford has experienced the death of several loved ones including the particularly significant loss of a family friend, who died of Malaria aged 20, after volunteering at a school in Ghana.