1. Love and heartbreak, life and death exist side by side. We can’t have one without the other.
2. The ache I feel isn’t solely loss but the echo of a life lived so fully and a person so loved. The pain is proportionate to the love.
3. Experiencing death is an essential part of what it is to be human. How you respond to it shapes you deeply as a human being.
4. Death is life-changing, but not solely in the devastating way you imagine it is going to be.
5. Talking about death can save lives. It doesn’t stop you from dying. In the end, nothing does. But it can stop you from wasting the precious days you have.