1. Quality is more important than quantity.
2. Death is a normal part of life.
3. Facing & embracing death can help you live a better life.
4. Talking about dying won't make it happen.
5. I've had the best years of my life since I've known I was dying.
Lucy Watts MBE is a palliative care patient, prominent disability and health advocate, activist and consultant. As a disabled young woman, Lucy has to overcome a wide variety of barriers, not least the low expectations of disabled people by others and the lack of accessibility, as well as living with a complex, life-limiting illness causing complex medical needs. Lucy is not one to allow barriers to get in the way and has created a life for herself that is enjoyable and fulfilling and contributes to society.