1. We are mortal beings who will one day die, place that fact at the centre of your life for a richer existence.
2. Growing old should be embraced and celebrated, not hidden or fought.
3. Life does not last forever so live it fully.
4. Don't be consumed by material things, you can't take any of it with you.
5. Look after and love your body, it is your transportation through life.
About Lucy Coleman Talbot
Lucy is currently completing her PhD examining the Crossbones Graveyard in Southwark, London, where she also volunteers and advocates for it's protection. In 2016, she wrote Little Book of Maudism, her love letter to Harold and Maude (1971). The book presents a philosophy to live and die by inspired by the film. In 2014, Lucy co-founded Death and the Maiden, an online platform that explored the relationship between women and death across cultures and through time. You can read more about that and her views on mortality here. Follow Lucy on Twitter and Instagram for all things Cats, Crossbones, and Deathly.