1. Grief isn't just for death. You can grieve anything from your own health and lifestyle, to a breakup or even the state of the world.
2. There are really no rules for grief. Mistakes might be made but grief needs to be done in your own way and your own time; it's personal to you.
3. Grief can change you, but it does not mean that it's a bad thing, you've been through a lot, be true to yourself and thats what matters.
4. People don't always understand grief, or agree with your grief, some people try to tell you what to do; ignore it.
5. Grief isn't about moving on, it's about adjusting, don't forget the past because it makes the future easier, remember it and adjust.