My name is Cressi Sowerbutts. I am 21 years old. I was misdiagnosed for a year leading up to the ultimate diagnosis of a rare form of Acute Myeloid Leukaemia in October 2018. I initially had a bowel resection where over a metre of my bowels were removed alongside the five cm tumour. This was followed by four rounds of intense chemotherapy over the course of six months. I am incredibly fortunate and grateful to be able to say that I am currently in remission and am approaching the end of my treatment. You can follow me on Instagram.
1. Trust your knowledge of your body. If something feels wrong, you’re probably right.
2. Being young and/or a woman does not automatically make you a hypochondriac.
3. We’re all facing death. All we have is now - the future is leaving.
4. No one will quite fight like a mother does for her child.
5. Power dressing can be transformative.