1. Death and dying brings out the best and worst in people. Love is not always patient, it is not always kind.
2. Society does not know what dying looks like. It has become a scary mystery.
3. Medical intervention basically interrupts the dying process... some for good reasons, some bad. Many interventions are not prophylaxis against death.
4. With time and support, love will reign over grief.
5. It is possible to not only have a good death, but a beautiful death. Soul Midwives and End of Life Doulas aim to help with this.